There are many kinds of metal disorders each with different symptoms and methods of treatment. Most of these include a combination of behaviour, emotion, abnormal thoughts, relationships and perceptions. Some of these are bipolar disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia, dementia and autism. Each and all of these can be controlled and often cured by experienced rehab doctors in Pune. People suffering from mental illness need to be taken care of in a professional manner. Mental illness is influenced by a number of factors including environment, genetics, daily habits and biology.
Some of the common forms of mental illness are described below:
- Bipolar disorder: This is a chronic condition where the patient faces periods of depression, extreme highs and serious energy. Such a situation will affect your reasoning capacity and cause extreme mood swings. Some of these mood swings are experienced by people on a regular basis.
- Persistent depressive disorder: This is characterised by chronic depression. Such a depression can pose problems in daily life and can face the symptoms for almost two years.
- Major depressive disorder: In this condition the patient faces serious hopelessness and sadness for almost two weeks. Also known as clinical depression people can become suicidal in such a situation.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: This condition is characterised by obsessions and repetitive thoughts. People with OCD do not realise that they are being unreasonable in their behaviour with others. They are marked by an unreasonable compulsion to do the same things over and over again. People under this situation are unable to stop their actions.
- Generalised anxiety disorder: This disorder makes people nervous about everything in the day including their office work. People suffering from GAD have to face severe difficulty to get through their daily chores and work.
- Schizophrenia: This mental illness can have serious effect on not only the person suffering from it but also those surrounding him or her. It is marked by hallucinations, hearing voices and even delusions. It interferes with a person’s idea of reality and whatever is surrounding him. Such people need serious treatment at rehab treatment centre in pune to prevent them from becoming a danger to themselves and others.
- Social anxiety disorder: Also called social phobia, this condition makes people nervous of interacting with others and being in the social situation. It becomes difficult for such people to make friends and constantly feel that they are being judged.
Balancing life and mental illness
Whenever diagnosed with a mental illness it is important to start treatment and continue with the same diligently. Taking the help of a doctor or therapist helps in managing life surrounding the treatment. You can understand that it is perfectly possible to lead a normal life along with the illness.
Signs of mental illness
Some of the common symptoms include the following:
- Eating less or in excess
- Sleeping less or extra
- Feeling tired all the time
- Lack of empathy
- Feeling helpless or lost
- Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking
- Unnatural mood swings leading to trouble in homes
Such conditions can lead to a mental breakdown after which it is imperative to take the person to rehab doctors in Pune doctor.