The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL examination for the recruitment of candidates to the various Group B and Group C positions. The notification for SSC CGL 2020 examination is yet to be released. Candidates who are appearing for the upcoming examination can fill the SSC CGL Apply Online form by visiting the official website of SSC CGL. Every year several candidates apply for the post of SSC CGL but very few come out with flying colours. Candidates should make proper time management as per the exam dates to score well in the examination.
Candidates are also advised to check the official website on a regular basis for any change in the exam date.
Given below are the tentative exam dates for SSC CGL 2020.
SSC CGL Exam Dates
The SSC CGL 2020 exam dates will be announced with the SSC CGL Official Notification 2020. The tentative dates for the SSC CGL 2020 exam are given below:
|Events||SSC CGL 2020 Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|SSC CGL Notification||September 2020|
|Online Application Submission||September – October 2020|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||To be notified|
|Tier I exam||February – March 2021|
|Tier-II exam||June 2021|
|Tier III exam||September 2021|
|Tier IV exam||To be notified|
Candidates who are planning to crack the SSC CGL examination at their very first attempt should kick start their preparation soon. Since a large number of candidates appear for the examination every year, the competition remains high. Therefore the candidates are advised to have a clear picture about the SSC CGL Syllabus for the better understanding of the examination level.
SSC CGL Syllabus & Exam Pattern
SSC CGL examination is conducted in four phases:
- Tier- I
The mode of examination for Tier-I and Tier-II is online and the type of questions asked are MCQs. SSC CGL Tier-III is a descriptive paper, which is conducted offline whereas Tier-IV consists of data entry speed test and computer proficiency test.
The SSC CGL Syllabus (Tier-I) comprises four sections:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension skills
Tier-II Paper of SSC CGL has the following four sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language & Comprehension
- General Studies (Finance & Economics)
The time allotment for each section is 2 hours and each has a marking of 200 marks.
SSC CGL Apply Online Process
The SSC CGL Apply Online form can be filled through the official website of the Staff Selection Commission. The SSC CGL application process is completely online and candidates can refer to the below given instructions while filling up the application form:
- Visit the official website of SSC and register for the SSC CGL exam 2020 using your mobile number and email id. Candidates must ensure that they provide a valid mobile number and email address while registering.
- After registration, candidates can log in using the registered user id and password that was generated once you initiate your SSC CGL registration.
- Fill all the details in the SSC CGL Apply Online Form and make sure that all the provided information is correct.
- Upload the necessary documents like photograph, signature and left thumb impression.
- Review the application form once again before final submission to avoid any mistakes. Candidates should also check if the photo and DOB provided in the application form matches with the candidate’s photo id-proof. If not, the candidate’s application form will be rejected.
- Fill the payment details for the application fee and the SSC CGL apply online process will be completed.
Since there are hardly a few months left for the exam, candidates are advised to start off with their SSC CGL preparation with a stress-free mind.